Face First


Posted by Picasa
August 12th, I woke up ready for a productive day and put on a brand new tshirt. I was feeling pretty lousy about my recovery from pneumonia (seriously, who gets pneumonia in July?) and I was anxious to get some things done (like a quilt top I've been working on for months). But having a new tshirt in my favorite color made me feel pretty spiffy, so Clark and I ran to Walmart for a couple of things. No really, I could hold all 5 items in my arms and still hold my cell phone in my hand. But while we were in line, Clark was bouncing around and face planted on the floor, bit his lip and ended up sobbing on my shoulder.

Since he was bleeding, I dropped all my stuff on the nearest closed register, scooped him up, and headed for the ladies room. Two minutes later, we returned, grateful we didn't need stitches, and went back to get our stuff. It was gone. Seriously? Since when do the good folks at Walmart pick up anything in less than two minutes? I honestly couldn't believe it! We found everything in a cart at customer service, and my cell was thankfully in the lost and found. Needless to say, we went home and had a popsicle.

Comments

Maren B said…
Poor kid. Poor mom. Hope your new shirt didn't get stained.

Popular Posts