Happy Mother's Day!
Photo shoot before church this morning. I'm so proud of my handsome boy. And proud to be his mother. I love his silly faces. His cute laugh. His kindness. And I'm thankful to his daddy for making the effort to celebrate. Today is a good day.
During church, we sang Love at Home, which reminded me of a funny story about Clark. I waxed a little nostalgic. When Clark was just tiny, he couldn't have been even three, he asked me to sing the "Cottage Cheese" song. Huh? I had no idea what he was talking about. It took me several days of him asking before I realized that he was referring to the second verse of Love at Home, "In the cottage, there is joy, when there's love at home." I busted a gut laughing when I figured it out.
But today, as we sang that song, I realized...he knew the second verse to Love at Home when he was two years old! It was a proud mom moment.
I am so thankful for the opportunity that I have to be his mother. To teach him the music that will be with him forever. And I'm thankful for my mom. For teaching it to me.
Happy Mother's Day!

Comments